2/08/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

February 8, 2018


email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the January 11th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 30 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $1125.00

Expenses $17.50

Balance as of Jan. 31, 2018 $4791.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20943.12

Interest $2.84

Money Market as of Jan. 31, 2018 $20945.96


Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social on February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. March 17th event will be St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Also would like to commend Charlene and Dean for the creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!! Good job.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 dues for GSMOL are $25. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Dear Ellen,

I am sending you this email on behalf of Mary Manzo who is out of the office due to a family emergency.

No updates to report at this time regarding the amended Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We would like to inform the Homeowners that San Vicente Mobile Home Park has a new Security Patrol. The Park will now receive a nightly patrol (7 days a week) of its grounds for a period of 2 hours. There is not a set schedule with regards to the patrol times, and we have instructed our security detail to randomly select times throughout the night to ensure that their patrol schedule is not recognized or remembered. All unusual activity will be reported to management or police enforcement if necessary.

In addition, meters have been read today, February 7, 2018 in order to process statements earlier during the month. The schedule will keep on moving up for meter reads so eventually we can get them to be read at the first of the month.

All space rent increase notices have been distributed. Please contact Management if you have any questions.

We will continue to send a Park-wide update to address the comments noted in the HOA minutes. This notice will be distributed with the monthly statements.




DPG: Bob Enderby has volunteered to take on our much needed DPG and to continue it. Big round of applause from the audience as this is for our protection and safety and had been disbanded.


Pool is now open and a thermometer placed in the pool shows it right at 86 degrees. But with all the rain the deck has suffered. It now looks shabby and shows all the deck cracks. The pool tile was not blasted clean and looks shoddy. Jacuzzi is still not hot enough, should be maintained around 102 degrees. The office staff has adjusted their hours so office is now open during the lunch hour. Also, the office door has been left open which many residents noticed with approval. Dutch doors or the beautiful French door to be used (like previous managers had) was suggested by many residents to be an even better idea.

Streets have grown much worse with the last storm. Last month, residents’ wrote down their concerns which were tabulated by the HOA and sent to St. Vincent’s So far, no response on either letter. Parking concerns were brought up. Normally, there should be no cars left on street after 10:00 pm. It was noted that a memo from the Office put in our tubes stated the time was 8:00 pm but think that is incorrect. Of course, understood if you are having a gathering at your home there may be cars parked later. But all agree that there is to be NO OVERNIGHT parking on the streets in front of any one’s home. Visitors must park overnight in visitor parking with the yellow, laminated Visitor Pass with your space number on it given out by previous administration. It was noted some homeowners did not receive this pass so office might want to find out who didn’t get one. HOA does not know if Office is giving to new residents just coming in.

New Business: Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA concerning services provided regularly once a year.

Spring Clean Up Will the usual MarBorg dumpsters be put out in Spring for residents to throw away large items, collection of old paint and old electronics all during the same week?

Will a shredder company be here for residents to use, as in the past?

Will there be the once a year written visual inspection of condition of each and every home site for cleanliness, weeds, sagging skirting, rotted stairs, dead bushes, out of control hedges etc. ? Normally staff notifies any owner of weeds and other problems on a one to one basis throughout the year as needed. But it appears nothing of the sort is being done by a casual WALK around the park. Again, probably connected to not enough maintenance staff.

Care Program may help residents with their electric bills. See info on the link.


Rent Increase with many residents noticing that the CPI used was changed from the CPI used by past managements. CPI-U or CPI-W.

An HOA Board Member would like the HOA to review letter detailing pool problems to be sent to management.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints. Please email office with complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be March 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

SV GSMOL Mtg 1/25/18

San Vicente Mobile Home Park GSMOL Chapter 1316 Meeting Minutes

January 25, 2018, 6:00 p.m.

Before the meeting was called to order residents were informed management in recent days had distributed in their space cylinders the following items: Park Update, Resident Information Update Form, Notice of Change of Mobile Home Residency Law, Homeowner Directory Update, Notice of Utility Assistance to Low Income Person, and Notice of Rights and Responsibilities (Mobile Residency Law found in Section 798). Some residents had not received these.

At 6:00 pm, the meeting was called to order by President Ellen Duke, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and approval of the June 29, 2017 Minutes. (Minutes are not read at meeting – please send any corrections to Ellen before the meeting if possible.) Ellen utilized a PowerPoint presentation and some slides are included here. GSMOL Chapter officers are:

State GSMOL Update: Vote for Anne Anderson and 2017 Legislative Summary

Our GSMOL area manager Anne Anderson is candidate for GSMOL Vice President for Zone B-1. All GSMOL members, please sign and return your ballots (in the The Californian) before March. Consider a donation to the General Fund to help GSMOL, a volunteer organization, double its membership.

One of the reasons GSMOL is important to us is that it monitors all legislation and is our advocate in Sacramento. Eight bills supported by GSMOL became law and the three bills sponsored by WMA – “Western Manufacturing Housing Communities Association” (the park owner’s organization) GSMOL opposed and were not passed. AB 1269, supported by GSMOL and our chapter, passed the legislature but was vetoed by the governor, who felt the expense would not be supported by the income. However, he acknowledged the problem and directed more attention to mobile homeowner’s issues and complaints through an existing mobile home assistance program. GSMOL hasn’t given up and is considering alternatives.

Santa Barbara County Mobile Home Rent Control Ordinance Education:

The county ordinance (see excerpt below) permits homeowners to challenge rent increases if more than the normal 75% of CPI. However, park owners can collect the proposed increase throughout the period it is being challenged. This encourages park owners to delay the final decision as long as possible. It is reported that Nomad Village homeowners had to pay a

$119 rent increase per month for years until the county decision was to cut the increase to $39 per month. The homeowners report that their park owner is paying them back only in monthly increments in spite of now owing thousands of dollars to each homeowner. We and homeowners in other county parks are concerned about this and consulting GSMOL.

Sub-Leasing Issue Update: St. Vincent’s has reported that the reason they would not allow subletting was because they could not allow it due to their non-profit status.

New Park Documents:

**Existing homeowners are still under Parker/Rice rules. However, we learned that homeowners moving in now are having to sign the 7/17 documents that St. Vincent’s issued last year. The new homeowners will be under the 7/17 rules until the new documents (not yet issued) take effect.

San Vicente HOA and GSMOL: Sharing responsibilities and actively working together to benefit homeowners!

Information Sharing, Comments and Questions:

Resident expressed it feels like we now have a voice with HOA membership increasing and our GSMOL Chapter reactivated. Residents expressed praise and gratitude to Ellen for her hard work and countless hours shared. Ellen expressed thanks for the support and noted that many people continue to contribute their talents and time. She noted how HOA, led by HOA President Bob Mann, and GSMOL are a great combination, with our chapter’s access to GSMOL’s experience and legal expertise, and our HOA having the money to fund appropriate legal costs. We have actually used very little HOA funds thanks to the very reasonable legal fees and our careful management of what we send to the lawyer for review. She stressed the need to increase and support both GSMOL and HOA.

Has anyone looked at the park’s Conditional Use Permit? According to it, St.Vincent’s is responsible for roads and providing guest and residential. Ellen will contact the concerned homeowner about this.

A couple had not signed up for GSMOL and called themselves friends of GSMOL because they are sub-lessors. This couple graciously offered that they would be willing to help any resident with the cost of membership if there was a financial need and to contact Ellen about this if interested. Anne Anderson said they could have an Associate Membership. After the meeting they were informed that both homeowners and sub-lessors can become GSMOL members with voting privileges.

There was a question in regards to the Rent Increase memo we received and what did the word maximum mean? It was clarified that “maximum” is the maximum amount permitted as a normal increase under the Santa Barbara County Mobile Home Rent Control Ordinance. Any additional increase is subject to challenge by homeowners. Ellen informed

us that currently there is a resident making sure the Consumer Price Index (CPI) being used is correct. (Note: Confirmed after meeting.)

Why does Rancho Santa Barbara have such great exercise equipment (and we don’t)? It was explained that a local gym was getting rid of their old equipment and this became available to them. Anne Anderson informed us that their pool is being replaced and learned that St. Vincent’s doesn’t allow residents from their park to use ours because of liability issues.

There is a concern that the tile in the women’s dressing room and shower at our pool are extremely slippery and the bench is missing. The pool and spa temperature seem to be cool and the spa chlorine appears not to be regulated properly.

In the men’s dressing room at the pool, the light switch seems too close to the shower. Is this a GFI issue that needs to be addressed or is it already GFI-protected?

A resident has requested a work order to trim the trees on Cathedral Oaks which are overhanging in her yard and others and still had not been addressed. The maintenance team currently has only 4 men and there used to be 6. Also, there is a lot more paperwork, and this is reducing time for park maintenance even more.

There is a concern that the Christmas gratuity from the residents to the employees was a burden for the office to be responsible for. Perhaps this could be something HOA could take care of in the future.

Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Respectfully Submitted: Mary Jo Chrestenson (with Ellen Duke)


Attendees: Attendees: Janie Ableson, Linda Amicarelli, Patty Byrum, T Carlson, Teri Champ, Gary Champ, Mary Jo Chrestenson, Paul Chrestenson, Pat DelGiorgio-Lynn, Ellen Duke, Kathleen Elmer, Bob Enderby, Cindy Enderby, Mary Anne Harrison, Lilith Imbrogno, Chryssa MacCutcheon, Joanne Meers, George Meers, Harry Mira, Margaret Norton, Rosalie Patmor, Bruce Phillips, Rick Polcaro, Diane Price, Irmlind Rump, Albert Rump, John Sanders, Ron Schatz, Marcia Schatz, Erhard Schinzel, Barbara Shapiro, Glenn Shearer, Ruth Shook, Theo Siebold, Sidonia Slaff, Ronnie Sumter, Pma Tregenza, Don Webb

GSMOL MISSION STATEMENT: The Golden State Manufactured-home Owners League is a statewide volunteer organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the health, safety, welfare, rights, and investment of members throughout California. Our mission is accomplished primarily by legislative advocacy at national, state, and local levels, by judicious use of legal funds to protect homeowners, and by education of members so that they can help themselves solve local problems.

11/9/2017 Board Minutes

Here are the minutes from the Nov. 9th meeting. I will be sending an email to management regarding all items in the Residents suggestions section in the minutes.
Thanks for supporting your HOA.
Bob Mann

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

November 9, 2017



Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officer Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Max Lynn, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our Vice-President and former Treasurer Paul Ortega. He will be greatly missed by all.

The minutes from the October 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Tony, Ellen 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-six guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4931.07

Income $315.00

Expenses $1587.21

Balance as of October 31, 2017 $3658.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20935.29

Interest $2.75

Money Market as of Oct. 31, 2017 $20938.04

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann   December 9 will be our Christmas Dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, honey butter and dessert. $10.00 Residents $12.00 Guests plus 2 canned goods/nonperishable to be collected and donated. Cut off is Dec.3. This event is quickly filled up so get your check in soon.

GSMOL Report from Ellen Duke:


Homeowners Association

GSMOL Chapter 1316 Report

San Vicente Mobile Home Park

The following update was provided by Rosa Paredes, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries:

1.      In regards to whether or not San Vicente Mobile Home Park will allow subleasing, we are not ready to discuss this topic at this time since we are still discussing and reviewing it internally with our advisors and attorneys. 

2.       We are also continuing to update the Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations.  We are anticipating that the draft will be available for the sub-committee’s review early next year.  As you know, we do not want to rush this process and are diligently reviewing these documents to ensure they are in compliance with the law.

3.       The updated Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations will be distributed as they were last time in accordance with the Mobilehome Residency Law and a Meet and Confer will be scheduled after the sub-committee reviews the documents. 

4.       Assuming the meet and confer is scheduled in February/March 2018, means the new documents will be in effect approximately in August/September 2018 of next year.

5.     Also, please remind the Residents that they can email or contact the onsite manager directly for any concerns or comments.  She will communicate items as appropriate to Mary Manzo or myself.

6.     We have interviews scheduled for the office clerk this week.  Hoping to fill the position ASAP.

Note from Ellen Duke, GSMOL Chapter President, HOA Board Member: Due to last-minute scheduling problems, Rosa was not able to meet with me. We will reschedule before the next meeting. Meanwhile, you can send any questions or concerns about this update or issues not addressed by management to me at ebduke@yahoo.com.

It is great to see the improved maintenance on the clubhouse and repair of the pool deck. At the meeting, concerns were expressed about over-chlorination of the jacuzzi due to the need for a new part, and the effect of the reduction in maintenance staff and increased time needed for them to complete new paperwork. There were complaints about how the grounds are being maintained and the cut back in refuse service. Homeowners were advised to submit their specific concerns to management, and they can copy Ellen and/or advise her if concerned about the response.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? We have merged the funds from the DPG with the HOA. Steve Roth was in attendance and was thanked for his years of service to the DPG. Anyone that is interested please contact an HOA board member.

Resident’s Suggestions: Questions on what is taking so long to fix the pool deck. We passed on that management is also doing some work in the shower area, which might add some time to the finished product.

Residents voiced concerns that maintenance issues are being overlooked. Trees needing to be trimmed, bushes hiding stop signs, etc… General consensus is the maintenance crew is understaffed.

The Jacuzzi needs some repair. The chlorine level is so high that it hurts your eyes when you are in the water.

Garbage pickup question. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Security cameras were brought up again. Will pass on to the management.

Board Elections: 6 positions need to be filled. Max will not be running and with the death of Paul we will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen are again running for the board. Last day to sign up is November 10th.

Old Business: Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s. If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be December 14th, 2017 at 7:00

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM



10/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

October 9, 2017


email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Max Lynn, Paul Ortega, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Guests- Forty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report

Checking Balance $4333.57

Income $900.00

Expenses $302.50

Balance as of Sept. 30, 2017 $4931.07

Legal Defense Money Market $20932.80

Interest $2.49

Money Market as of Sept. 30, 2017 $20935.29

Social Committee – Mollie Mann – October 21st is the Tri tip Dinner catered by Stanley and Martha. Residents $10 and Guests $12. Due to the Clubhouse being tented the cutoff date for the dinner is being moved forward to Oct. 16th. Next event will be a Rib Dinner in November.

Social Committee may have to buy insurance for the Committee to continue to serve Beer and Wine. More to come,

GSMOL UPDATE FOR HOA MEETING OCTOBER 9TH 2017 by Ellen Duke, President of GSMOL Chapter 1316

Governor Brown will decide whether to sign AB 1269 this week. Thank you to everyone who wrote letters. Thank you for everyone who has volunteered to help during this challenging transition period.

Ellen has met twice with Rosa Paredes, Pres & CEO of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries (VM), & Mary Manzo, Housing Director. Ellen believes they would like to work with us to complete the transition in a positive way for all of us. The current status is:

1) They are using the Parker Rice 2015 rules as a basis for the new documents – making changes as needed.

2) A small group of homeowners and our lawyer will be able to review and provide input on the new documents before they are finalized.

3) J&H is being replaced by a consultant to advise them on regulatory/legal issues but VM will manage the park themselves with a VM employee here.

4) They are looking into new gym equipment.

5) Subletting: We gave VM the nonprofit attorney’s opinion that VM can permit subletting and they are awaiting their lawyer’s evaluation and response.

6) The San Vicente office email address still refers to J&H but goes only to office in the clubhouse. A new email address is coming.

7) Tenting this week, pool repair next week. Door added for greater security in office.

8) Goleta Water fire backup is to be done in December. Then focus will shift to repair/replace of parts of the water system. Serious leaks have been found and been addressed pending the larger repair next year.

9) The billing system problems are being addressed by their vendor. Electricity – They were surprised that the format changed and that change will be reversed. The vendor as provided last month’s details will provide them in the future. Last month’s details can be picked up in the office and will also be provided with November’s bill.

Timing – Bills will be issued earlier in the future.

Ellen encouraged us to stay united as we await the new documents (for homeowner committee review). Again, as our lawyer has advised, as existing residents we do not have to sign new documents and should not sign them until they have been carefully reviewed, if ever. Ellen encouraged everyone to be encouraging and understanding of the learning curve of the new office staff and owners. Our goal is a good and mutually beneficial relationship.

Some concerns were shared by homeowners and they were encouraged to email both the San Vicente office and Ellen Duke. [*Ed Note-For Ellen you may use the form I have added at the bottom of this Post]

Resident’s Suggestions Security cameras. 2 people need to be working in the office, too much for a staff of one. Emails and phone calls are not being responded to. Concern that maintenance staff is down to 4.

Ellen suggested a resident committee to look into cost and maintenance of security cameras and signs that will flash your speed as persons drive down Stagecoach and Gatehouse (the freeway) This sign should be able to be moved about the Park. Discussion by many of consequences such as escalating fines to speeders!

Board Elections 6 positions need to be filled. Max and Paul will not be running again so will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining it.

220 paid membership in our HOA This is great to show we stand together to get results that are beneficial to all residents. There are between 80-90

members in GSMOL.

Our new management should be referred to St. Vincent’s or Vincent Ministries.

Old Business Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s’ If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Garbage pick up questions. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Next HOA meeting will be November 9th, 2017 at 7:00

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM

*Ellen Duke Contact Form:

Great News

Received 11:41am 9/27 from Ellen Duke    -ed

San Vicente MHP Update

Dear San Vicente MHP GSMOL and HOA members, and other residents:

I am happy to report that I met with Rosa Paredes (President and CEO) and Mary Manzo (Vice-President of Housing) of our park owner, Vincent Ministries (VM) LLC recently. I was impressed by their commitment both to their ministries (I hope to learn more about these) and to the continuation and improvement of San Vicente as a premier senior mobile home park.

Here is an update based on that meeting:

1) As you know, J&H Asset Management (Jim Joffe) will no longer associated with our park or VM effective November 6, 2017.

2) VM is identifying a firm to assist them in ensuring compliance with the laws associated with mobile homes (MRLs, rent control, etc.) but will be managing the park directly. The office staff and maintenance team are and will continue to be VM employees.

3) Sister Margaret Keveaney has not retired and is still actively involved, focusing on improving the lives of the residents of the ministry’s low-income housing.

4) Although San Vicente MHP is not low-income housing, VM recognizes it as very important senior housing that is more affordable relative to the cost of other housing in Santa Barbara.

5) Great news! VM has decided to use the existing (Parker Rice) 2015 documents as the basis for the new documents and will be adding what is needed for compliance and best practices reasons. This approach will enable them to explain the reasons for the changes and to avoid including “best practices” that are not the best practices for our park. As would be expected, this will take some time. In the meantime, the 2015 Parker Rice documents are the rules of the park.

6) We all share the goal of the next set of documents being the last for a long time. VM is considering our suggestion that a small group of homeowners and, separately, our lawyer review the documents before their general release to the residents of San Vicente

7) Water system repair: The evaluation has not been completed, but now that they can measure overall park usage (residents and common areas combined) they can see that the current storage has been leaking badly and wasting water. As noted at the August 30th meeting, they are anticipating focusing primarily on the water storage system, thus reducing the capital investment costs significantly from an overall system repair/replacement. No decision on water metering has been made and this is a lower priority needing much more evaluation.

8) Roads: Efforts have already been made to stabilize the water pressure which should reduce the pipe breakage problems. Major road work will be delayed until the effects of this and the new water storage system are evaluated.

9) Facilities: VM is very concerned about park maintenance and plans to start repairing the pool area and the tennis courts, addressing the termite issue in the clubhouse, and investigating the cost of acquiring some gym equipment.

9) Subletting: We have advised VM that we believe the Santa Paula Mobile Home Park case permits sub-lessees to finish the duration of their lease when a park prohibits subletting. More importantly, a lawyer specializing in nonprofit law has advised us that VM can continue to permit subletting without threatening their nonprofit status. This information has been provided to VM, who was still awaiting input from their attorneys. We are hoping for a response soon.

In summary, I was very impressed by Rosa and Mary and by their commitment to continuing and improving San Vicente as a premier senior mobile home park. There is an inevitable learning curve for everyone in this type of transition, but we are all in this for the long haul.

I believe that by helping each other, we can develop a very rewarding relationship and achieve our mutual goals of continuing (and even improving) life at San Vicente Mobile Home Park while, through our rents, contributing to St. Vincent’s important and life-changing ministries.

I hope you will join and encourage your neighbors to join GSMOL ($25 – see gsmol.org) and our HOA ($15). Both organizations have been crucial during this transition process and both are important to our future as residents of San Vicente Mobile Home Park.

Thank you all for your unity, supportive action and patience during some challenging times. Of course, let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Email preferred but calls are also welcome!

Please let me know if you can help distribute this update to park residents we are not reaching through email. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Ellen Duke
President, GSMOL Chapter 1316
HOA Board Member
San Vicente Mobile Home Park

Meeting Notes

Here are Ellen’s notes from yesterday’s meeting. -Ed

Dear San Vicente GSMOL Members,
At yesterday’s Meet and Confer Meeting, the park owners and management agreed that the new rental agreement, rules and regulations, and architectural standards all need significant revision. They thanked us for all the questions and concerns we submitted. They will now be preparing new documents and delivering them to everyone – and the review period will start all over. They will announce another Meet and Confer Meeting.

Many rules will change for the better. Among them, the pet rules will revert back to what they were under Parker & Rice. Subletting may not be an option due to the new owner’s (Vincent’s Ministries) nonprofit status – we are still checking this. Those concerned about subletting are invited to meet with me on Tuesday, September 5th, at 6pm at the Clubhouse.

Not all concerns and questions – there were so many – were addressed at the meeting. We will be checking this. I am going to propose to the park owners that a homeowner committee participate in the revision and/or review the new documents before they are finalized this time. When the new documents come, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING at least until you hear from us. As an existing resident, you NEVER have to sign.

Thanks so much to everyone who showed up. You were a very impressive, overflowing group of informed and justifiably concerned residents. Thanks so much to everyone who sent in questions and concerns. Your input was essential and a great gift to everyone in our community. Thanks so much to everyone who contacted neighbors, delivered notices, and joined the HOA and GSMOL. So many helping each other. Thanks especially to the GSMOL Document Review Committee and HOA Transition Committee who worked tirelessly to review the documents, and obtain legal counsel, all so important to our unity and success.

By working together, we were able to benefit our whole community in a BIG WAY!


Ellen Duke,
President, GSMOL Chapter 1316

8/30 5:30pm Meeting Update

The following email was sent to GSMOL members 8/29/17 with further details about the meeting tomorrow (5:30 PM Wednesday, Aug 30). -Ed

Dear GSMOL Members;
It’s finally here! Please remember to come to the important “Meet and Confer Meeting” at 5:30 pm at the Clubhouse. Everyone I have spoken with has concerns, so we should all be there. It makes a difference!
We do not know how the meeting will be run. It’s a good idea to bring a copy of your questions and concerns so you can keep track of what is covered and be prepared with your most important questions/concerns.
Please walk to the meeting if possible so there is more clubhouse parking for others. If you are driving, maybe you can carpool with a neighbor.
Regardless of what happens at the meeting, you do not have to sign anything (including the income disclosure form – confirmed by our attorney). We will continue to work with lawyers, park owners, and management to improve these documents.
See you at the meeting!

Ellen Duke,
President, GSMOL Chapter 1316
San Vicente Mobile Home Park