The monthly SVHOA Board Meeting is this Tuesday Dec 14, 7pm at the Clubhouse. The 2011 slate of officers and board members will be nominated. New resident participation is encouraged and welcome. Observers are welcome.
These directions are for Board members and any members of the Online Committee the Board authorizes to post items. While tailored for posting Board items, these directions apply to other areas such as DPG and OC as well. We plan to continue refining this post so your comments are welcome, and we invite you to keep your own notes to share and/or post. We had already posted directions about Links (see Part B. below) here which you might also find helpful.
How to add a Board item to the SVMHA website:
A. Create A new Post
- Sign in to the svmha.wordpress.com web page.
- Click on New Post in the gray bar at top of page.
- In the small box at the top under Add New Post, type the title of your post.
- Copy and paste your document (from Word, etc.) into the main box.
- Format the document in the box, using the toolbar icons at the top.
- Click on the Publish button on the far right.
- Near top of screen, click on View Post.
- Highlight and copy the web address of the new Post, for use in Step B.7 below.
B. Create a Link to your new Post from the Board Page
- Click on the Board page tab of the SVMHA website.
- Click on the Edit Page tab or link so you can edit the Board Page.
- Find the section where you are going to post the document (like President’s page, or Secretary’s page).
*NOTE: Do not change the Title of the Page, just edit the Page contents in the box below the line of icons.
- Add a line with the title of the document (if adding to previous titles , put the cursor at the end of the last line and add a new line).
- Highlight the new title, and click the “B” icon to make it Bold text.
- Click on the Link icon (looks like a chain link) to make the highlighted text a link.
- In the window that appears, paste in the web address you copied in step A.8 above.
- Click on Insert.
- Click the Update button at the far right.
- Click on the View Page link or tab to check your work.
Thursday: Quarterly Homeowner’s Meeting: All-Member San Vicente Homeowners GENERAL MEETING JULY 15, 7pm
Please help us to get the word out about the Thursday (7pm) July 15 SVMHA Association meeting. Board members have offered to distribute printed reminders, and it will help if residents also spread the word before that so interested friends and neighbors can make plans to attend. We’ll post more information about the planned agenda, so for now please mark your calendar and pass the word.
This is a neighborhood alert for SVMHP residents, based on an unusual incident at Rancho SB. Please be alert for any unusual activities or solicitors, and if you may have seen anything possibly related to this incident report it to any SVMHA Board member and to our park managers. We also welcome Comments below.
Incident summary as reported to SVMHA President by a Rancho resident
Location: Rancho SB, near the golf club house
Time: 9AM Mon 21 June 2010
Suspect: middle-aged male, average looking, sport shirt, regular pants.
1. My computer station overlooks the golf course.
I watched a middle-aged man walk from San Vicente
direction right into my neighbor’s carport and knock
on my neighbor’s door. [The resident] did not hear the knock …
so the man returned to the street and went around to the
other side of [the] home where there is a screen porch.
[The resident] answered the door there.
2. The man said something about an accident to [resident]
and asked if he could use [the] phone. Then the
man asked [resident] for $100 (yes, that’s right: one hundred).
[He] gave the man $100 and the man left … and walked
down the street from the golf course (stream side road).
The man told [him] that he lived ‘about four houses down’
which is [incorrect].
…I overheard another golfer
tell [resident] to report it to (Manager) Bob Jowers.
([resident] had talked with the golfers about it.)
3. [golfer] said that someone saw the man running away.
[golfer] got in his car and tried to find the man but did not
see him any where in his search.
I’ve snapped some aerial photos of San Vicente in the past few months, and I’m wondering: would anyone like a particular perspective or section? I’ll probably snap views toward the South and the West at some point, so shall I upload those to this site?
Have you seen the photos I’ve posted so far? If not, click on the Photos tab at the top of the page. Do you have any photos of your own you’d like to see added to the site?
Would you like to see photos of some Social Committee events? Any other specific photo subjects?
OK, so I’ve long contemplated snapping a photo of our Big Yellow Clubhouse, and today I finally did it. Now, is someone willing to take photos of the two gates and post those? I’m thinking at some point SVMHP residents might want to copy them into emails to send friends and family, so as to help them find us. I’ve tried to describe the Clubhouse to friends and family, and they still drive right past it because their mental image is something different.
Taken at the corner of Hang Tree and Stage Coach