4/13/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
April 13, 2017

www.svmha.com
email:
svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Ronnie Sumter, Ellen Duke, Cheryl Mrachek, Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek,

Board Members Absent: Carolyn Howe, Paul Ortega, Don Webb

Guests: Barbara and Tom Noyes, Mary Jo and Paul Christenson, Vicky Johnson, Claudia White, Max Lynn and Pat Del Giorgio-Lynn, Gary and Teri Champ, Patty Byrum, Mollie Mann, MaryAlice and Doug Winniford, Gayle and Steve Carrigan, Barbara and Hal Mishkin, Theo Siebold, Linda Amicarelli, Glenn Shearer, Virginia Fuentes , Barbara Shapiro, Margaret and Harry Mira, Derek and Barbara Hanley, Sid Slaff, Ken Farley, Andi Henrikson, Barbara Faulkner and Angela Stephens.

Bob Mann, President, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The March 9th Board Association Minutes were read approved with several corrections. The Daughters of Charity should read Sisters of Charity, Ellen Duke corrected minutes to read the committee feels we have an issue with management instead of I feel, motion and 2nd to pay yearly insurance was omitted and the Treasures’ report of expenses of $2.50 should read $26.50.

Treasurer’s Report:

DPG Report: No report

Social Committee Report: Spring Brunch. A champagne brunch is scheduled for April 29. The cost is $12.00 for residents and $14.00 for guests. Mimosas will be served at 11:00 and brunch will begin at 11:30. The menu is scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cinnamon rolls and mimosas. Possible June Family Pool Party is being planned. Check the Voice for details.

GSMOL/Scamper Report: Ellen Duke encouraged everyone to join GSMOL as they represent mobile home owners in Sacramento and share information about pass throughs. She is looking for a volunteer to help set our own chapter here in our park.

Transition Committee: Mark referred to the notice in everyone’s tube concerning the upcoming Meet and Greet with the Sisters and new Park Management. Mark thanked everyone on the transition committee for their work. The transition committee officially folded and encourages everyone to submit any questions before April 24th. No questions will be considered at the meeting other than the ones already submitted. It was suggested that if you have friends in Rancho ask them how they feel about their management as we will have the same. June 1st is the date the Sisters of Charity take over our lease.

Old/New Business. HOA membership is very important as greater member numbers make our positions stronger when dealing with management and the Sisters of Charity. Your HOA strongly recommends you submit your questions by April 24th in anticipation of the Meet and Greet meeting on April 27th at the Clubhouse. Gary Champ suggested to send a list of our needed park repairs to J and H Management team as well as the Sisters of Charity.

Hal Mishkin donated an elliptical treadmill machine which is now in need of repair with a cost of $300-350.00. He is requesting HOA pay for the repair as it is a good overall machine. Current management will not assume responsibility or liability. It was decided to present this to the new management team and was tabled until the Sisters of Charity take over.

Taxes for the HOA are due on May 18th.

Announcements: Thank you to all those (157 ) who have paid their HOA Dues. There has been Cox.net email problems trying to send HOA minutes and announcements by Bob. There were 19 emails returned all that had Cox.net that were rejected and returned as undeliverable.

Speeding: Still lots of speeders particularly on Gate House. Please look at you speedometer as you are traveling on our roads. If it doesn’t read 10 or less then you are speeding.

Another resident witnessed two kids on skateboards flying down the middle of Gatehouse please report to management if you know who they are. There has also been seen a younger man jogging with a large blond Retriever on Gatehouse. There are no large dogs allowed even if they are just visiting you. Check the rules for details.

The next Board Meeting will be Thursday, May 11, 2017

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45

2/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly meeting

February 9th, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Ellen Duke, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Carolyn Howe

Guests: Mary Jo Christensen, Pat and Max Lynn, Mary Helen Nunez, George and Joanne Meers, Mollie Mann, Claudia White, Tom Kincaid, Gary and Teri Champ, Angela Stephens, Carol and Steve Roth, Ruth Shook and Andi Henrikson.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. The January 12th Board Association Minutes were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: End of the Year Financial Statements are available to any HOA member. If you would like one, request either a hard copy or a digital copy. Ellen Duke reported that membership for 2017 has reached 135 which is wonderful!!! The checking account balance was $3,674.34. HOA Dues Income was $345.00. Expenses were $0 with bank fees of $2.50, and the current balance is $ 4,016.84. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $ 20,911.81 with $2.75 interest, totaling $20,914.58.

DPG Report: Steve Roth said next radio check will be February 20th for Block Captains. Contact Steve to become a Block Captain that will help out residents in the case of a true disaster. All information is on the San Vicente Website. [Link]

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that the next Social Committee Event will be for Valentine’s Day however the date is February 12th NOT the 14th. It will be delicious pie and ice cream and cost will be $3.00. ( Already closed ) Next event is St. Patrick’s Day on March 18th. It will be catered by Stanley (!) and will be Irish Stew, Green Salad, Corn Bread with Honey Butter. Cost of dinner is $12 for Residents and $14 for guests. In April there will a Champagne Saturday Brunch ALL information is in the San Vicente Voice.

GSMOL/Scamper Report: Ellen Duke encouraged all to join as they represent mobile home owners in Sacramento. Scamper meets monthly and share information among different mobile home parks about “pass through” etc. Mark Allen states that membership in our HOA will make a difference when we get to July 1 management transition to the Daughters of Charity. Information is on their website www.gsmol.org and encourages all to join.

Old Business:

Speeding: Speeding is still an issue. It was brought up that some of the speeders are actually residents who live here. Please remind caretakers, gardeners, relatives and visitors to our park to slow down.

New Exercise Equipment: Update is the Board will hold off until the lease is taken over in July by the new management. (No change on this position.)

Announcements/New Business/Guest Questions

It was reported that Daughters of Charity and Parker/Rice are in litigation. Results of this could affect residents financially. Pass Throughs are a problem to us. Water storage, pipes and our streets are a great concern. Committee to advise the Board was designated and will consist of Max Lynn, Ellen Duke, Derek Handly, Don Webb, Cheryl Mrachek and Mark Allen.

Thank you from the Board for all who have paid their 2017 membership dues of $15.00. Your HOA Board encourages residents to join as soon as possible. Checks can be put in the HOA box at the Clubhouse.

The next Board meeting is Thursday, March 9th, 2017 at 7 P.M. in the Clubhouse.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.

2/11/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

February 11, 2016

svmha.comemail

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek, Paul Ortega

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Don Webb, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez

Board Members Absent: Ellen Duke, Mark Allen

Guests: Agnes and Anthony Kallas, Charlene Hovey, Jacq Vanderlaan, Betty Ortega, Dorothy Kelly, Susan Kepler, Pat Haden, Barbara Noyes, Joella Webb, Stanley and Patty Byrum, Joanne and George Meers, Andi Henrikson , Mollie Mann and Gil Zuniga

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

The Board Association Minutes of January 14, 2016 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the January checking account balance was $3,484.34 which includes $955.00 in 2016 dues with expenses of $201.71 and bank fees of $2.50. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $19,419.34.

DPG: There are sand bags available on Dump Road at the County yard and approximately 300 here in our Park. Bob reported that there are generators for emergency use in the park and they will be tested to make sure they run.

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that on February 14th, Valentines’ Day, free Cookies and Ice Cream will be served to residents only from 2:00-3:00 pm. 50+ residents have signed up and the closing date was February 9th.

In addition, Saint Patrick’s Day dinner is March 17th, Residents $10, Guests $12.

Happy Hour will start up on March 24th. Bring an appetizer for 8-10 people to the Clubhouse at 5:00 PM.

Unfinished/Old Business: By-Laws 3 pages need update. Changes will be highlighted in red. Membership will need to vote on the changes. Ballots will be sent out later in the spring after 2016 Membership drive is completed. Board Members will go door to door to talk to residents about joining and any concerns they may have.

Missing/stolen items: Pool gauge has been returned. Member at the meeting asked about security cameras. If purchased they are more for the exercise room (where damage and theft has occurred several times) and hallways etc.

Negotiations still in progress hopefully in February work will be done.

Announcements/New Business:

Pat Haden was presented an award for her 24 years of service to the Homeowners Association. She decided to retire at the end of December. Pat will be greatly missed.

The board would like to meet with Rob Rice about J & H property management leaving the gates open all day at the Rancho Santa Barbara (RSB) park next door. Our board is definitely against leaving our gates open, as this is a fast track to Cathedral Oaks from residents of the apartments on Old Mill. Several residents spoke of their concerns on this matter. [website ed. note: I have spelled out RSB for clarity, and add here that though I missed this month’s meeting the concern mentioned seems related to the possibility that the J&H managers apparently recently hired by Rob Rice may take over SVMHP management if Rob’s contract is renewed by SV owners]

Bob encouraged everyone to check out “Yelp” for reviews of J & H property management.

It was also suggested that some of our board contact board members at RSB to see how J & H is doing so far.

General Discussion:

Social committee would like to use our tax ID number for donations for the Art receptions. The board will take this under advisement and get back to the Art Committee. Barbara Noyes advised that abuse could occur on donations using tax ID #.

Gil Zuniga asked if anything is being done in the exercise room. How many people have been signing in and why has management not removed old and broken equipment. A few weights have been removed. Possible unauthorized use by guests.

Don Webb suggested to keep doors to outside locked and lock door at the base of the steps, where only residents would have a key and access to the room. Motion was made and seconded to talk to Stuart about this problem.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down.

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.

Next Board meeting will be March 10th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.

How To Post Board Items

These directions are for Board members and any members of the Online Committee the Board authorizes to post items. While tailored for posting Board items, these directions apply to other areas such as DPG and OC as well. We plan to continue refining this post so your comments are welcome, and we invite you to keep your own notes to share and/or post. We had already posted directions about Links (see Part B. below) here which you might also find helpful.

How to add a Board item to the SVMHA website:

A. Create A new Post

  1. Sign in to the svmha.wordpress.com web page.
  2. Click on New Post in the gray bar at top of page.
  3. In the small box at the top under Add New Post, type the title of your post.
  4. Copy and paste your document (from Word, etc.) into the main box.
  5. Format the document in the box, using the toolbar icons at the top.
  6. Click on the Publish button on the far right.
  7. Near top of screen, click on View Post.
  8. Highlight and copy the web address of the new Post, for use in Step B.7 below.

B. Create a Link to your new Post from the Board Page

  1. Click on the Board page tab of the SVMHA website.
  2. Click on the Edit Page tab or link so you can edit the Board Page.
  3. Find the section where you are going to post the document (like President’s page, or Secretary’s page).
    *NOTE: Do not change the Title of the Page, just edit the Page contents in the box below the line of icons.
  4. Add a line with the title of the document (if adding to previous titles , put the cursor at the end of the last line and add a new line).
  5. Highlight the new title, and click the “B” icon to make it Bold text.
  6. Click on the Link icon (looks like a chain link) to make the highlighted text a link.
  7. In the window that appears, paste in the web address you copied in step A.8 above.
  8. Click on Insert.
  9. Click the Update button at the far right.
  10. Click on the View Page link or tab to check your work.