San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
June 14, 2018
Meeting called to order at 7:00
Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek
Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke
Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Carolyn Howe, Tony Jimenez
The minutes from the April 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy and seconded by George, approved.
Guests: 28 guests were in attendance.
Checking Balance $3961.64
Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3959.14
Legal Defense Money Market $20953.62
Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20956.29
Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: Pizza event on June 23rd. Cost is five dollars each. Happy hour at 5:00 Dinner at 6:00.
GSMOL: Monthly meeting on June 28 at 6:00.
Report from the document review committee by Ellen Duke:
1) The committee was provided the documents by St. Vincent’s and is actively working on the document review.
2) The format and readability of the documents is dramatically better than last year.
3) The documents have been sent to the GSMOL Attorney for review, along with our questions.
4) We don’t want to talk about specifics because the documents may change based on our review and comments. There is no reason for more homeowners to be concerned yet about what may not even be included in the document or about what we may better understand before the documents are issued. All homeowners will have time to review all the documents when they are issued.
5) The committee agreed that the one exception to this, due to the significant impact it will have on some people, is to share that the new documents do not allow subletting other than the limited subletting for health reasons required to be permitted by the MRL. (We understand that this is what has been told to new residents this year, anyway.) Sub lessees and sub lettors are given until August 2019 to comply.
DPG Report: Bob Enderby has been meeting with block captains and updating paperwork.
Business: Discussion to return the DPG funds that were co-mingled with the HOA in September 2016. Motion was made by Bob and seconded by Cindy and approved by the board.
A letter was read that was sent to management on June 5th with concerns about the pool/Jacuzzi area and its appearance. There was also an inquiry of purchasing new exercise equipment?
Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:
Some residents have complained that their rent checks are being held up to ten days before being deposited.
A resident has had a “peeping-tom” in the middle of the night. She was awakened at around two in the morning with a big flashlight shining in her bedroom window. The question is, why were there no notices placed in the tubes alerting the residents. After hearing about this event, it was pointed out that the park is not secure. A resident pointed out that the area behind the RV parking area, the fence is only about two feet tall. (Too easy to access from the apartment parking lot).
The pedestrian gates do not close every time. Possible to install new springs, where gates close and lock every time?
The new resident directory has errors that were pointed out. (Please check your personal info).
There was a question about speeding thru our park. Should the HOA send letters to the offending companies again or should the letters come from management. If the letter is received from St Vincent’s maybe the offenders will pay attention.
Outside wall on Cathedral Oaks needs some attention. Some bags are tucked behind the bushes which appears to be belongings of homeless people.
Could the residents receive the official SCE notice when a planned outage is scheduled? It was said some pertinent info was left off of San Vicente memo.
Thank you to Management:
A big thank you to management for the New TV in the clubhouse.
Water pressure does not appear to be an issue during power outages. The emergency generator seems to be working fine.
Security has been seen in the park. Thank you for the extra patrols.
Management email addresses are available from the office.
Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN
Thank you for supporting your HOA
Next HOA meeting will be July 12th, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Motion to adjourn made by Bob, seconded by Dick
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM