6/9/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

June 9, 2016

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Ellen Duke, Don Webb, Mark Allen

Guests: Frank and Pat Biber, Mollie Mann, Joanne and George Meers, Barbara Shapiro, Doug and MaryAlice Winniford and Angela Stephens.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The Board Association

Minutes of May 12th, 2016 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the May checking account balance was $2,360.14 which includes $495.00 in 2016 dues with bank fees of $2.50 There was an expense of $84.40 for Insurance. In addition, the legal defense fund balance is $19,447.66 which includes $3.00 in interest.

DPG: No information

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that next event will be a Meet and Greet free to residents (sign up sheet in the Clubhouse for this event) with pizza, salad and drinks to be served on June 23rd. July Bar B Que will be the 30th serving bar b qued hamburgers and hot dogs. On Sunday, August 14th at 3:00 pm there will be a Cheese and Wine event for a $5.00 charge with the Social Committee providing wine, cheese and

hors d’oeuvres to residents. Details are in the Voice.

Online Committee Report: none

Unfinished/Old Business: There are about 35-36 homes in San Vicente with an additional 46 or so in neighboring Rancho that are affected by the rule that New homes have to be lifted up approximately 6’ which also includes homes that are in the Flood Zone that are substantially remodeled. Costs associated with this is about $25,000 per unit. The meeting took place on May 26 with Residents from three Mobile Home Parks and County to discuss concerns. County will now meet with FEMA in Oakland, CA soon to try and set the 2 foot level aside. Mark Allens’ letter was at the meeting for anyone who wanted to read it.

Board Members have gone door to door to talk to residents about joining the HOA and 38 residents joined our HOA bringing the total up to 130 members. With by-law changes coming up the current HOA membership will receive ballots for voting.

Caltrans-Bob Mann has emailed Caltrans a letter requesting their attention to the tall, dry weed behind our Park on the onramp to 154 to 101. This is an area of concern for our Park’s safety as Fire Season is about to start. We will report when action has taken place.

Announcements/New Business:

General Discussion:

Angela Stephens would like to have the HOA coupon be put in Rent envelope or tubes come January, 2017 to remind people dues are due.

Mollie Mann reported that the fire at Old Mill Rd and Calle Real a few weeks ago involved fast burning junipers (they burn like a torch, consider taking out if they are close to your home as part of landscape)

Reminder: There are links for websites and phone numbers for Fire Stations posted on the bulletin board in the Clubhouse. These are useful for giving them a call or email about clearing a fire break for the upcoming fire season.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down. (Please do NOT pass drivers who are doing the speed limit)

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm. There will not be a July Meeting

Next Board meeting will be August 11th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.

5/12/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

May 12, 2016

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Don Webb, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, Mark Allen

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Ellen Duke

Guests: Patty and Stanley Byrum, Andi Henrikson, Mollie Mann, Colin Stephens, Joanne and George Meers, Margaret and Harry Mira, Charlene Hovey and Andy and Sharon Slupski.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. The Board Association

Minutes of March 10th, 2016 were read and approved with the correction that there was not an April Board meeting.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the combined March and April checking account balance was $1,952.04 which includes $210.00 in 2016 dues with bank fees of $5.00 There was an expense of $2000.00 for Insurance. In addition, the legal defense fund balance is $19,444.66. The CD came due March 22, 2016 so the money was transferred to a Money Market account.

DPG: No information however there was a Radio Check on Tuesday.

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that Sunday Brunch catered by Stanley is sold out and will be this Sunday, May 15th. Next is a Meet and Greet free to residents (sign up sheet in the Clubhouse for this event) with pizza, salad and drinks to be served on June 23rd, July Bar B Que will be the 30th and on August 14th there will be a Cheese and Wine event free to residents. Details are in the Voice.

Online Committee Report: There was an $18.00 yearly charge for Web domain and this will be reimbursed to John Wiley.

Unfinished/Old Business: Derek Hanley and Mark Allen are pursuing SVMHP residents’ concerns over the Flood Zone new rules. There are about 35-36 homes in San Vicente with an additional 46 or so in neighboring Rancho that are affected by the rule that New homes have to be lifted up approximately 6’ which also includes homes that are in the Flood Zone that are substantially remodeled. Costs associated with this is about $25,000 per unit. There will be a meeting on May 26 with Residents and Country to discuss concerns. This policy is FEMA driven and it is up to the Flood Zone Manager to decide each house individually and he is on Medical leave for over a year. Hopefully meeting will end logically since there is some concern over earthquake problems when your home is 6 feet up in the air. Supervisor Janet Wolf was invited but declined.

Board Members will be going door to door to talk to residents about joining and discuss any concerns they may have. There will be a Board Member for each section of the Park.

Negotiations Bob Mann reported that the Sisters of Charity did not renew the lease with FessPar. The Sisters will take over running the Park at the end of June, 2017. We are protected by laws and there is no expectation of severe or difficult changes will be made here.

Announcements/New Business:

General Discussion:

Addendum to the regular May 12th minutes:

A resident brought up questions about landscaping issues. Does the park management has the right to trim or remove vegetation for safety concerns?

A resident brought up concerns about park management and where his rent money is spent.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down. (Please do NOT pass drivers who are doing the speed limit)

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.

Next Board meeting will be June 9th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.

2/11/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

February 11, 2016

svmha.comemail

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek, Paul Ortega

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Don Webb, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez

Board Members Absent: Ellen Duke, Mark Allen

Guests: Agnes and Anthony Kallas, Charlene Hovey, Jacq Vanderlaan, Betty Ortega, Dorothy Kelly, Susan Kepler, Pat Haden, Barbara Noyes, Joella Webb, Stanley and Patty Byrum, Joanne and George Meers, Andi Henrikson , Mollie Mann and Gil Zuniga

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

The Board Association Minutes of January 14, 2016 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the January checking account balance was $3,484.34 which includes $955.00 in 2016 dues with expenses of $201.71 and bank fees of $2.50. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $19,419.34.

DPG: There are sand bags available on Dump Road at the County yard and approximately 300 here in our Park. Bob reported that there are generators for emergency use in the park and they will be tested to make sure they run.

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that on February 14th, Valentines’ Day, free Cookies and Ice Cream will be served to residents only from 2:00-3:00 pm. 50+ residents have signed up and the closing date was February 9th.

In addition, Saint Patrick’s Day dinner is March 17th, Residents $10, Guests $12.

Happy Hour will start up on March 24th. Bring an appetizer for 8-10 people to the Clubhouse at 5:00 PM.

Unfinished/Old Business: By-Laws 3 pages need update. Changes will be highlighted in red. Membership will need to vote on the changes. Ballots will be sent out later in the spring after 2016 Membership drive is completed. Board Members will go door to door to talk to residents about joining and any concerns they may have.

Missing/stolen items: Pool gauge has been returned. Member at the meeting asked about security cameras. If purchased they are more for the exercise room (where damage and theft has occurred several times) and hallways etc.

Negotiations still in progress hopefully in February work will be done.

Announcements/New Business:

Pat Haden was presented an award for her 24 years of service to the Homeowners Association. She decided to retire at the end of December. Pat will be greatly missed.

The board would like to meet with Rob Rice about J & H property management leaving the gates open all day at the Rancho Santa Barbara (RSB) park next door. Our board is definitely against leaving our gates open, as this is a fast track to Cathedral Oaks from residents of the apartments on Old Mill. Several residents spoke of their concerns on this matter. [website ed. note: I have spelled out RSB for clarity, and add here that though I missed this month’s meeting the concern mentioned seems related to the possibility that the J&H managers apparently recently hired by Rob Rice may take over SVMHP management if Rob’s contract is renewed by SV owners]

Bob encouraged everyone to check out “Yelp” for reviews of J & H property management.

It was also suggested that some of our board contact board members at RSB to see how J & H is doing so far.

General Discussion:

Social committee would like to use our tax ID number for donations for the Art receptions. The board will take this under advisement and get back to the Art Committee. Barbara Noyes advised that abuse could occur on donations using tax ID #.

Gil Zuniga asked if anything is being done in the exercise room. How many people have been signing in and why has management not removed old and broken equipment. A few weights have been removed. Possible unauthorized use by guests.

Don Webb suggested to keep doors to outside locked and lock door at the base of the steps, where only residents would have a key and access to the room. Motion was made and seconded to talk to Stuart about this problem.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down.

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.

Next Board meeting will be March 10th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.

New HOA Email

The new year is almost here. I apologize for not keeping up on the communications. Our email account from gmail started last month bouncing all bulk emails as spam. So we now have a new email. I hope this works.

A reminder that our annual Association Chili dinner will be held at 5:30 on January 14th with our Board meeting starting at a special time of 6:30. Five dollars per resident. Please deposit in the Social Committee Box in the clubhouse. Desert will be served after the HOA meeting.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Bob Mann, President, San Vicente Mobile Homeowners Association

You can use the handy form below to email the HOA:

05/14/2015 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Monthly Board Meeting Minutes

May 14, 2015

https://svmha.wordpress.com

email address: 340oldmill.svmha@gmail.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Paul Ortega, Cheryl Mrachek, Ronnie Sumter

Board Members Present: Tony Jimenez, Lilith Imbrogno, Pat Haden, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen

Board Members Absent: Don Webb, Jack Jackson

Guests: Mollie Mann, Angela Stephens, Frank and Pat Biber, Patty and Stan Byrum, Charlene Hovey, Steve and Carol Roth, and Betty Ortega.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. The Board Association Minutes of April 9th, 2015 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: Paul Ortega reported as of April 15th, the checking account balance is $2,845.52. Income was $115 in HOA dues and expenses were $2000.00 and Bank Fee of $2.50. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $19,396.79. Paid membership for 2015 is now 149.

DPG Report: Steve Roth reported the DPG meets quarterly. The May 12th meeting had some 40 people attend. The meeting stressed evacuation of the park in time of fire or earthquake with emphasis on fire. Attendees were given a check list to help residents get prepared with the upcoming summer fire season. Extra check lists are available at the Clubhouse and on the Website

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that the Social Committee has changed the Happy Hour day to the 4th Thursday of each month. The time is 5:00-6:30. Next Happy Hour is May 28th with attendees asked to bring an appetizer for 8-12 persons for this event. There is no charge. Spring Brunch on April 26th was a great success and the homemade cinnamon rolls were wonderful. The June 25th Happy Hour has the Social Committee reaching out with a special invitation to all new residents of our park to attend and get to meet and know our residents. Following that our next event will be on July 27th Midsummer Picnic with Pulled Pork sandwiches etc. $8/Residents $10/Guests/Non Members of the HOA

Actions taken by the Board since April 9th meeting:

Old Business:

Dumpster was made available for large items to be discarded which started Wednesday, April 15 thru Friday, April 24. It was a resounding success with the dumpster being filled and emptied six times!! A huge thank you to Rob and Stuart for stewarding : ) this expensive project.

Asphalt has been patched.

Again, speeding complaints No new speed bump to be installed after all as management would like to see if painting 10 MPH on roads slows people down. Form letters to FedEx etc. are written and the drafts are being corrected before being sent.

Announcement/New Business:

The Social Committee and your HOA are now working closer than ever. The Social Committee will begin charging nonmembers of the HOA the guest price for all events starting with the Summer Bar B Que on July 25th.

The Board met with Stuart concerning the ramp walkway from the overflow parking at the bottom of the Clubhouse and it is being addressed. Residents will understand that various spending will be curtailed until they have a contract with the Sisters. Of course routine basics will continue.

The last power outage by Edison was addressed. The Board is concerned because the backup generator did not come on as it was supposed to do so the park had no water. This is of particular concern because that meant our fire hydrants had no water if there had been a fire. This failure has happened before a couple of times which makes the Board very concerned and will address this with Stuart and Miguel again. Testing the system quarterly is a good idea.

Residents are encouraged to contact Fire Department and Cal Trans of the surrounding dry, tall weeds in need of trimming before Fire Season. Also will look into having a Fire Representative come for a tour of our park to address the many shrubs in resident’s landscaping that are fire hazards especially the ones that are as tall as the homes. Not only is that home threatened but the immediate neighbors’ homes are also as those tall shrubs become torches in a fire.

The main Gate House gate has been remodeled and the large map moved. Work still ongoing on this but looks very nice.

Ellen Duke reported that our Website will be registered to the HOA and is in progress. Also the Website is anxious to have articles of interest written by our residents to be turned in and they will post them on our website. Also the Website address will be posted on our monthly minutes.

The lengthy ongoing construction on #215 Gatehouse was discussed. Street has been blocked with construction trucks, cars, vans and a fire truck trying to pass could not, all of which has the neighbors concerned. The firetruck had to back up and go around. Management needs to check on the “timely” finishing of home construction of this very long project.

Management has bought a “water buffalo” that is being used to hold runoff water and will be used to water plants and landscaping each day. Possibly more to come on this.

HOA Dues for 2015: Dues for 2015 are due. $40 if you are a first time member or $15 to renew your membership. Save the extra $2.00 per Social Committee event and join our very active HOA!! Just drop at #207 or at the Clubhouse in the HOA box. Please encourage your neighbors to join and support your HOA. (Currently 149 members have already paid their dues.)

Next Board meeting will be June 11th, 2015 at 7 P.M. in the Clubhouse. The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.